Panel-based Contextual Targeting
The code of the contextual targeting snippet is non-blocking - it does not impact on the page rendering time. The snippet can be inserted in the
<head>part of the web page.
Contextual Targeting does not require any consent. We do not store nor use any data from users targeted using contextual and not giving their consent.
Contextual targeting JS Tag does not work as of now on Single Page Application. Please reach out to your Account manager if you need to integrate contextual targeting on a SPA.
- The Panel-based Contextual Targeting feature should be activated on your organisation(s) by your Account manager. This will allow you to configure contextual targeting on your segments and update the JS Tag with them.
- Events must be ingested into mediarithmics, either through Real-time web apps tracking or User activities import (url field needs to be populated).
You need to update your runtime schema to add the following line in UserEvent type:
Contextual Targeting only works as of now with standard schema. Please reach out to your Account manager if you do not have UserEvent type in your schema.
You need to create an instance of contextual-targeting-event-analyzer-plugin in order to capitalize on data ingested with the regular mediarithmics JS Tag. Don't hesitate to contact us if you want more information about how this data is used.
You can configure a blacklist url & blacklist regexp files to filter out web pages where you do not want contextual targeting to be performed.
Blacklist url - Add a URL to blacklist per line:
Blacklist regexp - Add a regexp to blacklist per line:
You need to add a new mediarithmics snippet dedicated to contextual targeting on every page where you want contexutal targeting to be performed. The mediarithmics contextual targeting snippet is made of two parts:
- 1.The configuration that you should fill according to your context (site token & snippet name)
Here is an example of the tracking snippet you should implement:
/* YOU CAN EDIT THIS PART */
const siteToken = "<SITE_TOKEN>" // token to change
const snippetName = "ctMics" // snippet name that can be changed
/* YOU SHOULD NOT EDIT THIS PART */
You can find the site token, for each channel created, in Settings > Datamart > Channel.
The two common ways to integrate a tag are:
- Through a universal tag container like Google Tag Manager or another similar solution. The code snippet must be copied once in a new tag and the tag container service automatically inserts the code wherever it is needed.
- By inserting the code snippet in a general purpose template (ex: header template for an e-shop) which is used in all the web site pages.
The current activation platforms available at the moment for synchronising contextual targeting are :
As of now, the activation platforms setup is global to all contextual targetings created in your organisation which means that all your contextual targetings will be activated on all activation platforms setup for your organisation.
Activate contextual targeting on an audience segment
Retrieve contextual targeting settings
Publish a contextual targeting (LIVE)
Archive a contextual targeting